Fàilte! (Welcome!)

Fàilte! (Welcome!)
This blog is the result of my ongoing research into the people, places and events that have shaped the Western Isles of Scotland and, in particular, the 'Siamese-twins' of Harris and Lewis.
My interest stems from the fact that my Grandfather was a Stornowegian and, until about four years ago, that was the sum total of my knowledge, both of him and of the land of his birth.
I cannot guarantee the accuracy of everything that I have written (not least because parts are, perhaps, pioneering) but I have done my best to check for any errors.
My family mainly lived along the shore of the Sound of Harris, from An-t-Ob and Srannda to Roghadal, but one family 'moved' to Direcleit in the Baighs...

©Copyright 2011 Peter Kerr All rights reserved

Sunday 18 July 2010

Clansman Casting-Off

Departing Oban bound for Barra

1 comment:

  1. At the moment, the Clansman is out of service due to a serious mechanical failure. It is so severe that the anticipated return to service of the Clansman of 23 July has had to be put back. The vessel's engine is in bits and the engineers are experiencing trouble putting them back together again at the shipyard in Greenock. Pending its return, the services normally covered by the Clansman are now covered by the smaller and slower Lord of the Isles and Hebridean Isles. The people of Uist and Barra are yearning for the return of the sight, pictured above

    ReplyDelete